The Outback Steakhouse Blooming Onion is a deal with the restaurant has been serving up because it opened. You may make this appetizer menu merchandise identical to they do, and also you don’t want any fancy instruments to arrange this Bloomin Onion.
This submit accommodates affiliate hyperlinks. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Outback Steakhouse Blooming Onion
I feel that is certainly one of my first copycat recipes. I can bear in mind the primary time I attempted this well-liked appetizer, the bloomin onion. An onion is sliced in order that it opens up, some may even say it “blooms”.
The petals are battered, and the onion is deep-fried, after which this creation is served with an exquisite sauce. I do know you’ll be blown away, identical to I used to be the primary time I attempted this creation.
What Makes The Outback Steakhouse Blooming Onion So Good
You’ll be able to impress anybody by serving this bloomin’ onion, whether or not for shut household or a big get together! Not solely does this bloomin’ onion have an interesting and mouthwatering look, however it tastes even higher than it appears to be like!
After all, the onion taste is distinguished, however you too can style hints of paprika, garlic, and cayenne. It’s the good appetizer to awaken your style buds! The bloom sauce with a contact of horseradish has the perfect taste to pair with the onion.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
When you make this blooming onion Outback Steakhouse recipe, you’ll surprise why it took so lengthy to attempt.
Though it may appear intimidating due to its elegant presentation, it’s fairly easy. With this recipe, you may bask in certainly one of your favourite Outback Steakhouse menu objects with out stepping outdoors your private home!
Click on on the recipe card to get the complete directions and portions you will want for this recipe.
What you’ll want for making a blooming onion:
- Minced garlic
- All-purpose flour
- Garlic powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Vidalia onions or different massive candy onions
- Oil for frying
- Bloomin Onion Sauce for serving
A big candy onion will give the right taste. Use a Vidalia or 1015 onion.
My desire for cooking oil is peanut oil, adopted by vegetable oil. Any liquid oil will do, however peanut makes the onion crispier.
Learn how to Put together a Bloomin Onion
Getting ready this onion isn’t too troublesome. You’ll make a seasoned beer batter and flour combination, minimize and batter the onion, then deep fry it. Listed below are the step-by-step directions:
- Whisk cornstarch, minced garlic, flour, paprika, and pepper till effectively blended.
- Add the beer and blend effectively till the batter is effectively mixed.
- Mix flour with garlic powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, and pepper in a separate bowl. Combine till effectively blended.
- Peel the onions and place the foundation facet on the slicing board. Use a pointy knife to slice the primary 3/4 inches off the highest of the onion. Then you’ll make 10 to 12 verticle cuts, however don’t go the entire method to the foundation.
- Separate the onion petals barely, however don’t do that an excessive amount of or you’ll destroy the onion.
- Dip the onions into the bowl of flour and shake off the surplus flour.
- Dip the onions into the batter and separate the petals to make sure they’re completely coated.
- Then dip the onion into the seasoned flour once more.
- Warmth the oil in a deep fryer till the oil temperature is 375 to 400°F. Place the onion within the fryer basket and deep-fry for 1½ minutes on one facet. Flip the onion and fry for 1½ minutes, till golden brown.
- Elevate the fried onion out of the recent oil with a wire skimmer or massive slotted spoon and drain it on paper towels.
- Place the onion on a plate and serve it sizzling with Bloomin Onion Sauce.
Chances are you’ll need to be sure your slicing board has a humid fabric below it so it doesn’t transfer.
If desired, you may minimize out the middle of the fried blooming onion and put a small cup of dipping sauce in it.
In case you really feel slicing the blooming onion is an excessive amount of, attempt slicing it into petals, strings, or onion rings.
What To Serve With The Outback Blooming Onion
Make sure to serve it with loads of blooming onion sauce! If you would like different sauce concepts, pair it with honey BBQ sauce, ranch, sriracha, honey mustard, ketchup, and extra. The crispy onion tastes superb with just about any sauce you may consider.
To make use of it as a part of a meal, you may all the time serve it with Outback Steakhouse Mac and Cheese or Outback Steakhouse Queensland Hen and Shrimp Pasta. It tastes unbelievable with pasta as a result of the crispy onion offsets the tender noodles and creamy sauce.
How To Retailer The Outback Steakhouse Onion
Maintain the bloomin’ in an hermetic container to retain its freshness till you propose to reheat it. Though it can final 4-5 days, the earlier you utilize it, the higher.
What’s the easiest way to Heal the leftover Bloomin Onion?
One of the best ways to reheat the bloomin onion appetizer is to make use of the oven or air fryer. Sadly, with the microwave, the onion loses all of its crispiness (which is the most effective half!).
Warmth the oven to 400 levels Fahrenheit and bake it for roughly 10 minutes. In case your onion is already a darkish golden colour, you may need to wrap it with foil so it doesn’t burn loosely.
You’ll be able to set your air fryer to the identical temperature and be mindful it heats a lot sooner this manner, and it’ll take about half the time.
Love Outback Steakhouse? Strive these recipes
Tasty Onion Rings and Petals Recipes
Make sure to try extra copycat appetizers and sport day meals recipes.
Outback Steakhouse Bloomin Onion
You may make some magic in your kitchen once you make this blooming onion at residence.
Add to Assortment Go to Collections
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour divided use
- 2 tablespoons paprika divided use
- 2 1/2 teaspoons floor black pepper divided use
- 12 ounces beer
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 Vidalia onions or different massive candy onions
- Bloomin’ Onion Sauce or Creamy Chili Sauce to serve
To make the batter, mix the cornstarch, minced garlic, and salt with 1 1/2 cups of flour, 2 teaspoons of paprika, and a couple of teaspoons of floor black pepper. Combine effectively. Add the beer and blend to mix.
To make the seasoned flour, mix the garlic powder and cayenne pepper with 2 cups of flour, 4 teaspoons of paprika, and 1/2 teaspoon of floor black pepper. Combine effectively.
Lower about 3/4 inch off the highest of the onions and peel them. Lower every onion into 12 to 16 vertical wedges, however don’t minimize by way of the underside root finish. Take away about 1 inch of petals from the middle of the onion. Chances are you’ll need to separate the onion petals barely, however don’t do that an excessive amount of or you’ll destroy the onion.
Dip the onions into the seasoned flour and shake off the surplus. Dip the onions into the batter, separating the petals to make sure they’re completely coated. Then dip the onions into the seasoned flour once more.
Warmth the oil in a deep fryer to 375°F to 400°F. Gently place the onions into the fryer basket and deep-fry for 1 1/2 minutes on both sides. Take away the onions from the fryer and drain on paper towels.
To serve, place the onion upright in a shallow bowl and take away the middle core with a round cutter or apple corer. Serve sizzling with Bloomin’ Onion Sauce or Creamy Chili Sauce.
Energy: 600kcal | Carbohydrates: 125g | Protein: 15g | Fats: 1g | Saturated Fats: 0g | Ldl cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 617mg | Potassium: 633mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1580IU | Vitamin C: 16.3mg | Calcium: 98mg | Iron: 6.8mg