These neapolitan cookies look and style identical to a scoop of neapolitan ice cream! My recipe makes use of one dough for all three flavors (really easy!), and it may be made as much as 5 days upfront. Recipe features a how-to video!
Ice Cream Cookies!
Neapolitan cookies may not be the primary cookie you consider including to your Christmas cookie tray, however I’m right here to make case for them. Not solely are they completely lovely and distinctive, however they’ve somewhat one thing or everybody (identical to the ice cream!). A bit of candy, somewhat fruity, and naturally, somewhat chocolatey–these are the final word crowd-pleasing cookies!
What we love about them:
- Such a enjoyable look–they actually appear to be scoops of ice cream!
- Tender and soften in your mouth texture (cake flour helps with this).
- Unimaginable taste–every colour has a distinct style.
- Constituted of ONE cookie dough!
Clearly, these neapolitan cookies would even be so enjoyable in the summertime too, particularly at an ice cream themed get together with ice cream cone cupcakes or an ice cream cake! I can’t wait to see the way you serve them 🥰
What You Want
These neapolitan cookies would possibly look sophisticated, however they’re surprisingly unfussy, and that features the ingredient checklist!
- Cake flour. This yields a softer, finer, crumb which actually contributes to the ice cream really feel of those neapolitan cookies. I do present directions for utilizing all-purpose flour beneath, if that’s all you’ve readily available (simply be certain that to measure it correctly!).
- Freeze dried strawberries. We’ll blitz these right into a powder utilizing a meals processor. I really like preserving these readily available for strawberry frosting and strawberry cookies!
- Cocoa powder. I like utilizing pure cocoa powder right here. It yields the correct chocolatey taste with out overwhelming the opposite flavors like Dutch course of cocoa may do.
- Corn starch. This helps the cookies maintain their ice cream scoop form. Don’t skip it!
- Vanilla bean paste. This provides a beautiful vanilla taste and people beautiful little flecks of vanilla beans to our vanilla cookie dough (and solely that dough!). I actually suggest looking for it, however in the event you can’t, you should utilize simply 1 teaspoon of standard vanilla extract as an alternative. The flavour will probably be a bit completely different, however it’s going to nonetheless work and style nice!
SAM’S TIP: Freeze dried strawberries are usually discovered with nuts and dried fruit in most grocery shops. When you can’t discover them in your native retailer, you may get them on Amazon.
Keep in mind, that is simply an outline of the elements I used and why. For the complete recipe please scroll all the way down to the underside of the submit!
How you can Make Neapolitan Cookies
- Cream the butter and sugar along with an electrical mixer till mild and fluffy.
- Stir within the eggs till effectively mixed.
- Whisk collectively the dry elements in a separate bowl, then steadily add them to the moist elements.
- Evenly divide the dough into three elements in three separate bowls.
SAM’S TIP: The dough will probably be fairly stiff, so add your dry elements steadily. This may make combining the moist and dry elements a lot simpler!
- Stir vanilla bean paste and cornstarch into one dough, then put aside.
- Stir cocoa powder into one other bowl of dough, then set this apart.
- Stir your freeze dried strawberry powder into the final bowl of dough.
- Press all three doughs into one single giant bowl, arranging the vanilla within the center and the strawberry and chocolate on both facet. Cowl and let the dough chill within the fridge for at the least an hour.
- Scoop the cookie dough into balls by dragging your cookie scoop by means of all three flavors. Drop straight down on parchment lined baking sheets, spacing 2″ aside.
- Bake the cookies for 9-10 minutes at 375F, till the perimeters are simply beginning to flip a lightweight golden brown. Let the cookies cool fully on the baking sheets earlier than having fun with.
SAM’S TIP: Clear your cookie scoop between scoops for the best, cleanest trying neapolitan cookies! This isn’t a requirement, however it’s going to enhance the looks of your cookies.
Regularly Requested Questions
Sure! Simply retailer them in an hermetic container and thaw at room temperature if you’re able to get pleasure from. Excellent for the vacations!
Or, in the event you’d wish to freeze the cookie dough, take a look at my submit on find out how to freeze cookie dough.
These cookies will look underdone within the middle for about an hour after baking; it’s because they’re so thick! I promise they are going to be completed by the point they fully cool although, and they’re going to have the proper texture and look.
So long as your neapolitan cookies are simply beginning to flip frivolously golden brown on the perimeters, they’re prepared to return out of the oven and can end baking on the baking sheet.
Keep tuned for much more enjoyable cookie flavors–I’ve numerous new recipes to share this vacation season!
Get pleasure from!
Let’s bake collectively! Subscribe to my e-newsletter to be notified of all the most recent recipes and observe alongside on YouTube the place I share lots of of free recipe tutorials! 💜
Servings: 25 cookies
Stop your display from going darkish
In a big mixing bowl (or the bowl of a stand mixer), use an electrical mixer to beat collectively butter and sugar till mild and fluffy and well-combined.
1 cup (226 g) unsalted butter, 1 ½ cups (300 g) granulated sugar
Add eggs and stir till fully mixed.
2 giant eggs
In a separate, medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk collectively the cake flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
4 cups (450 g) cake flour, 1 Tablespoon cornstarch, 2 teaspoons baking powder, ¼ teaspoon baking soda, ¾ teaspoon salt
Steadily (I do that in 3 or 4 elements) add flour combination to moist elements and stir till fully mixed.
Divide dough evenly into three separate mixing bowls (if utilizing a scale, measure out 360g into every bowl).
To make the vanilla dough: add the vanilla bean paste and cornstarch to 1 bowl and stir till fully mixed.
2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste, 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
To make your chocolate dough: add the cocoa powder to the second bowl of the divided cookie dough and stir till fully included.
3 Tablespoons (38 g) pure cocoa powder
To make the strawberry dough: add the freeze dried strawberry powder to your final bowl of cookie dough and stir completely till mixed.
⅓ cup (15 g) freeze dried strawberry powder
Mix the three cookie doughs in a single bowl, inserting every part instantly towards the opposite (assume as you’d see the dough in a Neapolitan ice cream carton – that is demonstrated within the video and proven within the how-to part of the weblog submit if you want a visible). I kind the vanilla right into a tough rectangle and prepare it within the middle of the bowl and place the vanilla and chocolate on both facet, then be certain that the doughs mix into one another.. Cowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for at the least 60 minutes.
When dough is nearly completed chilling, preheat oven to 375F (190C) and line a number of baking sheets with parchment paper. Put aside.
As soon as dough has completed chilling, take away from fridge and use a 1.5 Tablespoon scoop and generously scoop by means of all three flavors. Place cookie dough on ready baking sheet, spacing at the least 2 inches aside.
Bake in 375F (190C) oven for 9-10 minutes or till edges are simply starting to show a really mild golden brown. Enable to chill fully on baking sheet, then get pleasure from.
I desire cake flour on this recipe for its tremendous smooth, melt-in-your-mouth qualities that it lends to the cookies. Nonetheless, in the event you don’t have it, you might substitute 3 ⅔ cup (450g) all-purpose flour as an alternative.
I purchase freeze-dried strawberries and course of them in a meals processor till I’ve a fantastic powder, then use this to make the strawberry portion of the cookie dough.
Cookie dough could also be ready as much as 5 days upfront, simply notice that the dough turns into fairly agency after sitting greater than an hour and might have to take a seat at room temperature for some time to melt sufficient to be scooped.
Serving: 1cookie | Energy: 208kcal | Carbohydrates: 31g | Protein: 3g | Fats: 8g | Saturated Fats: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fats: 0.5g | Monounsaturated Fats: 2g | Trans Fats: 0.3g | Ldl cholesterol: 33mg | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 79mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 246IU | Vitamin C: 39mg | Calcium: 32mg | Iron: 1mg
Dietary info relies on third-party calculations and needs to be thought of an estimate solely. Precise dietary content material will differ based mostly upon manufacturers used, measuring strategies, cooking technique, portion sizes, and extra.
Extra Enjoyable Cookie Recipes