Looking for an easy Valentine’s Day dessert? Make my Sweetheart Sundae! This delicious strawberry sundae would also be adorable with fresh strawberries and/or some leftover Heart Cookies.
If you’ve never had my homemade hot fudge sauce before, you’re in for a treat. This stuff is divine. I literally always have it in the fridge. It only takes a few minutes to make and keeps for months. Watch me make it:
This really is the perfect kid-friendly Valentine’s Day dessert or for a Galentine’s movie night.
Strawberry Ice Cream
Dark chocolate hot fudge sauce, recipe follows
Whipped cream, recipe follows
Valentine’s Day sprinkles
Ghirardelli chocolate caramel hearts
- Spoon strawberry ice cream in a serving dish, then pour hot fudge sauce on top.
- Top with whipped cream, Valentine’s Day sprinkles, and Ghirardelli chocolate caramel hearts.
To make homemade whipped cream, beat 1/2 cup of heavy whipping cream in a metal bowl with a metal whisk until soft peaks form. Whisk in 2 Tbsp powdered sugar and 1/2 tsp vanilla extract. Don’t overbeat it – you want pillowy whipped cream!
Dark Chocolate Hot Fudge Sauce
2/3 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
5 oz semi-sweet Ghirardelli chocolate, finely chopped, divided
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
1 tsp good vanilla extract
- Combine the cream, corn syrup, sugar, cocoa, and 3 oz chocolate in a small saucepan over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Simmer on low, stirring, for 3 to 5 more minutes after everything has melted.
- Remove from heat and stir in butter, vanilla extract, and remaining chopped chocolate, stirring until smooth.
- Cool for about fifteen minutes before ladling over ice cream to give the sauce a chance not thicken. You can keep the leftovers in a jar in the fridge for several months.
Don’t forget to follow The Rose Table on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram! Sign up for The Rose Table’s emails here. Get The Rose Table Cookbook here. Shop my merch here.